Join us for Networking Event
9:15 am Networking
9:30 am Speaker and Announcements
Speaker: Jason Rhodes
Topic: “Housing as a Civil Rights Issue: Privilege and Exclusion in Atlanta’s Housing Markets.”
Jason Rhodes is a Lecturer of Geography at Kennesaw State University. His research focuses on the impact of spatial strategies of social exclusion formulated in the pursuit of urban property values, and their impact upon the shaping of the urban landscape of Atlanta. His recent work has focused on exploring the roots of the “property values” justifications given for Atlanta’s 1922 zoning map, which created residential zones for the city’s neighborhood on the basis of race and class , and the 1938 Home Owners Loan Corporation’s “redlining” map of the city, which deemed Atlanta neighborhoods comprised exclusively of white homeowners to be suitable for the disbursement of mortgage loans, while labelling those neighborhoods in which renters and non-whites resided as “high risk.” This work has appeared in Atlanta Studies and Human Geography. Professor Rhodes’ current work places the contemporary geography of Atlanta’s food desert communities in the context of the legacies of redlining and social exclusion which produced them, and in using sustainable urban agriculture as a tool to promote food security and build community across the lines of race and class which have for so long divided the city.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84559704914?pwd=VnZMaFJKQzNsVDNKd25QQk8xcDJNdz09
Meeting ID: 845 5970 4914 / Passcode: namar
Join us for Friday with the Mayor
9:15 am Networking
9:30 am Speaker and Announcements
City Spotlight – Duluth
Guest Speaker: Chris McGahee, Economic Developer for City of Duluth
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84173648553?pwd=Umw4SEZjdE5tSngwUnlRUzRjRkFyUT09
Meeting ID: 841 7364 8553 / Passcode: namar
Join us for Virtual Networking
May 7, 2021 / 9:15 am
Speaker: Frank Norton, Jr.
Frank is CEO and chairman of the Norton Agency in Gainesville, one of the most successful real estate and insurance enterprises in the region. He is involved in a broad spectrum of Real Estate Fund Investments as Principal Manager and Partner. He is also an acclaimed international speaker on changing demographics and current real estate evolution as well as a professional artist with works in 13 Southern U.S. galleries. He is a Entrepreneur, Consultant, Speaker, and Strategist.
Meeting ID: 882 0714 2102 / Passcode: namar
- FREE Admission
- FREE Concession Cash – $10
- Fast Pitch Contest
- Live Band
- 6 Cash Giveaways
- $1000 Grand Prize Drawing
- Great Exhibitor Door Prizes
- Over 100 Vendors
$1000 Grand Prize Drawing – Must Register and Attend the EXPO in Order to be entered into the drawing. Click Here to Register for the Event.
Bring the Family. Sure to be a Great Time.
Join us at Top Golf in Buford.
9 AM – Breakfast followed by a panel discussion
NAMAR will pay for anyone to play Golf after Networking
A panel of brokers will discuss Covid and moving forward as brokerages resume normal operations. We will look into the crystal ball and try to determine how each broker feels about the market and what the agents will face in the coming future.
Space is limited! Registration Closed
$25 per person / Non-Affiliate/Partners: $100
NAMAR is hosting a Round Table for Brokers/Office Managers at the 1818 Club. Breakfast is provided. Must be registered as space is limited. Great way to network between offices and share in being a NAMAR REALTOR. Learn how to engage our members and support each other in this changing time. Must be a Managing Broker or Office Manager to attend.
Seating is limited. Reserve Your Seat today!
October 1, 2021 / 10:00 am / FREE to Members
Spooktacular Tales from the Closing Crypt
- O’Kelley & Sorohan
- Weissman PC
- McMichael & Gray, PC
- Campbell & Brannon
- Ganek PC
- Ohlson & Medlock, LLC
Learn from the Closing Crypt … So Your Next Closing Won’t Haunt You
Sponsored by Arrow Exterminators
Benefiting NAMAR’s Political Advocacy Fund
October 14, 2021 / 6:00 pm—9:00 pm
$25 Per Person (Includes Dinner)
Historic Gwinnett County Courthouse
185 W Crogan Street, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
NAMAR’s political advocacy fund supports homeowners and fights for homeownership and homeowners rights in Georgia & the United States
Broker’s Challenge: The Broker whose gift basket receives the highest bid wins the PAF Broker’s Cup
Click here to view information.
Items for Auction:
- 4 Suite Tickets for November 18th Falcons and Patriots Game – Donated by McMichael & Gray
- Porsche Experience – Donated by Mike Moulder, Keller Williams Chattahochee North
- Sprinter Van: Enjoy a Night out Transportation with Club 21. You have use of Mercedes Sprinter with Driver for up to 4 Hours. NON COVID CAPACITY IS 10 – Donated by Terry Swanson, C21 Results Realty
- 8-Piece Alarm Security Kit + Video Doorbell with Echo Show 5 – Donated by FMLS
- Google Nest Hub – Donated by Arrow Exterminators
- Echo Show 8—HD Smart display with Alexa—Unlimited Cloud Photo Storage—Digital Photo Display – Donated by Old Republic Home Protection
- Apple Airpods – Donated by Re/Max Center
- Drone- Potensic T25 Drone with 2K Camera, RC FPV GPS Drone with WIFI Live Video – Donated by Associated Credit Union
- Dom Perignon Basket – Donated by BKG Real Estate
- Whisky Bottle Set – Donated by Opendoor Brokerage
- Bartisan Set – Donated by Peggy Slappey Properties
- Wine Basket – Donated by Gilstrap Exterminators
- Bourbon Basket – Donated by Bulldog Movers
- Wine Basket – Donated by Weissman Law
- Home Depot Bucket – Donated by Georgia MLS
- His/Her YETI Bags Basket – Donated by James Hamby, Southern Classic REALTORS
- Smith & Wesson BodyGuard .380
- Smith & Wesson M & P Shield 2.0
- Taurus G2C
- Handmade Bench – Donated by Opendoor Brokerage
- Cake – Donated by Opendoor Brokerage
- Spartina Ashley River 20″ Rolling Suitcase – Donated by Dawn Kendall, Homstar
- Spartina Ashley River Tote
- Spartina Oyster Valley Scarf
- Air Lift Desk Top
- Vintage Popcorn Cart – Donated by Donated by O’Kelley & Sorohan
- Doterra Yoga Collection (Diffuser & Chair Yoga Paperback)
- Jewelry – Donated by Laura Leiden
- Chili Anyone? Staub Enameled 5 Qt Cast Iron Deep Oven – Color: Sapphire, wooden spoon and two chili starters – Donated by Linda Stratton, Northpoint Mortgage
- Free Radon Test for Your Client – Donated by Trademark Home Inspections
- Custom Porch Swint—Donated by BKG Brokerage
- Hand Sculpted abstract painting in blues and yellows—Donated by Michael Blackburn
Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. GARPAC contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. The Georgia Association of REALTORS® and its local associations will not favor or disadvantage any member because of the amount contributed, and you may refuse to contribute without reprisal. 70% of each contribution is split between Georgia RPAC to support state and local political candidates and Georgia RIAC for issues mobilization and education. 30% of each contribution will be sent to the NAR Political Advocacy Fund and will not be used for contributions to federal candidates.
Friday, November 5th / 10:00-11:30
Location: American Legion
2760 Duluth Hwy, Duluth, GA 30096
Topic: November is all about Veterans!!
Learn about the changes to the VA loans and how to help your Veteran win in this competitive market. Also, hear from our own Veteran and Sponsor, Bobby Armes, Jr on this topic.
Sponsored by Homestar Mortgage