1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools.
- Notify you of updates.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. NAMAR does share, sell or trade membership contact information addresses to provide you with on-line informational or marketing messages for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
4. We will share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, included but not limited to:
- Members, Affiliates and partners in our Sponsorship Program for the limited purpose of notifying you of their offerings.
- Exhibitors/Sponsors at NAMAR events for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after events.
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via NAMAR or namar.org will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
7. We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by reviewing your namar.org registration. Just Login first. Then you can change your preferences.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly at namar.org or through the association at 770-495-7300.